The Mission of SAWLFA is to develop and grow the market for wood and laminate flooring products through:
- Enhancing the awareness of wood and laminate flooring products.
- The protection of the end-user (and the environment).
- The education of industry players throughout the supply chain as well as the end-user.
This can be achieved through the following broad objectives:
Setting and maintaining industry standards through:
- Providing a unified voice for the industry.
- The authorship of standards in conjunction with the Standard South African and the Building Technology Division of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research.
- Qualification and Accreditation of Installers.
- Establishment of guidelines and material for training and education of industry participants.
- Playing an advisory role and providing impartial opinions to resolve problems and disputes.
Enlarging the market and improving customer service by:
- Promoting wood and laminate flooring to the Southern African market.
- Developing guidelines and frameworks for training and education of industry players and end-users.
- Providing a central advisory forum for technical matters.